DIY Unlock Samsung DVD-1080P9 Multi-Region Free

Here’s a simple guide to unlock your Region 2 DVD player to Region 9 making it multi-region and able to play all DVD’s from across the world.

When entering the actual code, the secret is to have consistent timing during key presses and not pressing the buttons as quickly as possible.

1. Press the POWER button on the DVD remote to turn the DVD player On.  Make sure there is no disc in the tray.
  2. Wait until the unit is fully started and your TV is showing the Samsung logo screen.
  3. Press EJECT on the DVD remote to open the DVD tray.
  4. Close the DVD tray, by pressing the EJECT button again, and wait for the “No Disc” message to appear in the top left corner of your TV.
  5. Press the REPEAT button on the DVD remote, followed by the five digit Region 2 code.
    In this case press REPEAT followed by 57538 (be constant with your key press timings…do not rush or take too long).
  6. If you’re successful you’ll see a number 2 appear in the top left corner of your TV.  If not, power down the DVD player and repeat steps from 1.
  7. Press 9.  This will set the DVD player to Region 9 making it region free.
  8. Press EJECT on the DVD remote to open the DVD tray.
  9. Press EJECT on the DVD remote to close the DVD tray.
  10. Press POWER on the DVD remote to power down the player.
  11. Now power the unit on again and it should be able to read all DVDs from all regions.  Insert a non-Region 2 disc to test and confirm.

21 comments

1. Comment by Nevile Chalke
    on June 13, 2010 at 6:10 am

Hello and a very clear article regarding unlocking a Samsung DVD-1080P9 to play multi region dvds”.
    Here in NZ we are region 4 not 2 so is the code I need to enter ie 57538 the same?
    Would very much appreciate your comment on this
    Thanks
    Nevile

2. Comment by grapii
    on June 13, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Here are the codes for all regions:
    R1 – 29334
    R2 – 57538
    R3 – 56732
    R4 – 76884
    R5 – 53814
    R6 – 24462

3. Comment by A.D.
    on August 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Great. Works perfectly. Thank you.

4. Comment by bill
    on August 18, 2010 at 4:56 pm

hi, ive just bought the samsung 1080p9 and ive tried the above without success ???…when i enter the 57538 as im in the uk…nothing happens…i dont get the 2 appear in the top corner, ive tried and tried probably 15 times in different ways, slower,faster etc but no joy ?…anymore info guys ?…any help would be greatly appreciated !

bill

5. Comment by bill
    on August 18, 2010 at 7:06 pm

sorry guys….just tried again and finally it worked !…dont know what i did wrong previously but its now all ok !!…thanks anyway !!

bill

6. Comment by burnhard
    on January 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Thank you, now I’ve got a upgraded DVDplayer. Great work.
    burnhard

7. Comment by Allen
    on February 1, 2011 at 2:16 am

Hi Raj, Thanks for your help on the samsung 1080p9 unlocking code. Hi from the land of Oz, cheers.

Al

8. Comment by Jody
    on April 23, 2011 at 10:58 am

Thankyou so much for your instructions!!! My DVD now plays alls regions. Cheers from another person from the land of Oz :-)

9. Comment by Patrik
    on February 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Hi!
    I just made my DVD-player region free, BUT, the colors are in black and white when I play DVDs with other regions.
    Can I get rid of the BW and get fully colors in any way?

10. Comment by GNO SIMMONS
    on June 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hello, I got on your website to see how i could fix my samsung 1080p9 dvd player its getting the message ” No Disc ‘ error message I was following your directions but dont understand how to enter the required code. My dvd remote has no #’s that i can select to enter any codes ?? to change my DVD Player to MULTI – REGION can you please help ??

11. Comment by Mo Needham
    on July 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hi Rajesh, my 1080p9 does not have a ‘no disc’ warning, it just has a scrolling white bar at the bottome of the screen and when it gives up looking for a disc the bar disappears but ther is ne ‘no disc’ warning.
    I have tried your instructions in various ways with no luck at all and never get a ’2′ on the screen.
    My guess is that Samsung changed the software on this model and the hack no longer works.
    I am in the UK. Any ideas?
    Very clear instructions by the way, nicely done.
    Mo

12. Comment by Neizal
    on August 13, 2012 at 4:39 am

Hi Thanks mate
    after a lot of attempt’s it finally work.

13. Comment by john
    on September 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Hello,

I have this Samsung 1080p9 and tried to unlock to region free. I tried all suggestion, but none worked. This DVD player is region 1. Could you advise?

14. Comment by STEPHEN CHAMBERLAIN
    on October 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

Raj,

I have a Samsung DVD HR750 that works perfectly fine most of the time but for certain concert recordings it only plays in shades of grey although the sound is fine. The only thing I have noticed is that the DVDs seem to be region 0. I do not have this problem if I play them on my PC or portable DVD player so I know that it is not a problem with the DVDs themself.
    Any ideas what could be causing this problem and how I can cure it ?

Thanks

Stephen Chamberlain

15. Comment by giovanni
    on November 21, 2012 at 11:55 pm

how can i make my samsung BD-D5500 3D blu ray and dvd player multi region free can someone help

16. Comment by Nostromo
    on December 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm

17. Comment by John in Sydney Australia
    on January 21, 2013 at 6:44 am

Hi,
    I have bought a Samsung BD-E8500A. How do I make it multi-region, please?
    Thanks
    John S

18. Comment by mojo
    on April 30, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Thank you for this greatly appreciated

19. Comment by Nico
    on May 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Hi can you please help me to make region free my dvd player i try many times the procedure mentioned above but no luck at all it was on region 2 and dvd model is dvd-F1080 tnx

20. Comment by Andrew in the uk
    on June 30, 2013 at 7:02 am

Worked for me (Samsung ) DVD player , so thanks

21. Comment by Wim Wynants
    on August 30, 2013 at 9:42 am

Hello Raj,
    I sincerely appreciate the great tips. I have however a problem I haven’t seen discussed here (or elsewhere on similar forums) regarding making the Samsung BD E-5500 3D Blu-Ray player region-free.
    When I power off, power on, open and close disc-tray, I keep getting the Samsung menu screen on the TV-screen (the one with Smart-hub, Setting, CD/USB/All-share, etc..) which has an overlay text-box saying “no Disc inserted” and below a highlighted “OK” box. When I hit “return”, “stop” or any other button, it just eliminates the overlay text box saying “no disc inserted” and the same Samsung menu screen appears.
    Note, tried it with both Samsung TV, Sony TV and LG TV… same thing happens. The menu-screen is definitely coming from the player, not the TV.

All of this, to say I don’t get “no Disc” message as such on a clear black background screen on the TV, and when I try to enter the correct code (the one for region 2) it just does not show the “2″ in any part of the TV-screen (neither left of right corners).

Wondering if there is a way still to make the player region-free or if this would mean the thing is ‘region-fixed’?
    I am living in Qatar, Middle East, and bought the player at Carrefour hypermarket. (yeah, I know…)

Thanks for reading, would appreciate your thoughts.
    Kindest regards