Media Center provides an awesome experience in showing off your pictures or home videos to your guests, and your Xbox can provide this experience thanks to it’s builtin Media Center Extender. Before you can play content from Windows Media Center on your Xbox 360 console, you need to connect your console to Windows Media Center.
Get Setup Key from Xbox 360
- On your console, go to My Xbox and select Windows Media Center.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Write down the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key.
Add an Extender on your computer
- Start Windows Media Center on Windows 7 PC.
- Click Tasks, and then click Add Extender.
- When prompted, enter the 8-digit Setup Key from Xbox 360.
- Complete the Extender setup.
Download and print the Media Center Quick Reference Guide
If you were previously using your Xbox 360 with a Windows Media Center Based PC, you will need to remove the existing connection before setting up a new Windows 7 Media Center PC.
On the Windows 7 Media Center PC
- Click Start, Windows Media Center.
- Select Task, Settings.
- Select Extender.
- Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.
- Select Uninstall.
On Xbox 360
- On Xbox 360, go to My Xbox and then System Settings, then select Computers.
- Select Windows Media Center, and then press the A button.
- Select Disconnect.
- Press the B button until you return back to the System Settings.